Discovery Assistant TeraBiTE Utility
TeraBite is a Discovery Assistant Add-On application to manage the conversion of millions of files, or Terabites of Data to MetaData and TIFF files.
- Load list of files from one or more source drivess. Recommendation is to load files using a UNC description. ie: \\server\share\*.*
Break the resulting list into Discovery Assistant Load files based on:
- maximum number of files per job
- maximum number of bytes per job.
- Use Discovery Assistant Application to import the load files and generate project files. (Add Files / Add from List).
- File names and file size are stored to a MDB database file.
- Users can Create a new MDB file, or append to an existing MDB file.
- Users can specify what files to include / exclude using wild-card strings.
- Utility to recursively scan specified path and return file types specified within the current and sub directories.
- The user can specify what types of file extensions to be included
- The user can specify what types of file extensions to be excluded
- User can specify what type of file extensions to be included and excluded
- The result is then saved to an Access or CSV file for further queries
- For some reason, you can only run .NeT applications from the local drive.
Sometimes, the MSACCESS or EXCEL process is left running in memory
- Right click taskbar->task manager->processes
- End the process there